Friday, August 31, 2007

Teachers' Day cum ACES Day

It was awesome.

Hahaha I skipped ACES Day workout, which rocked, according to Jamie.

Anyway I see no reason why bands cannot win the Talent Search competition. The top three contestants are good, yes I agree with this.

Some said it was a curse, that bands will never get first. It happened in the previous years. Some said some the judges were bias against bands. Some said the sound system in the school hall is bad.

The effort we put in is a lot. Jamming sessions, recess time sacrificed in PCCG Room practising guitar, money spent on amplifiers, guitars and accessories. And it's more difficult to coordinate as a band. One band, one sound. Rofl.

Anyway...

First: The drummer boys!

Okay they are nice and friendly people. Rifat and Owen both have cool and interesting drum solos. Audience was impressed with their skills. Well done.

Second: Azri the Beatboxer.

Another one. Fabulous, I must say. He did set the standard real high, being the first performer. And he did make the atmosphere high. I like his Simon Cowell. How creative.

Third: Nazurah (the firefighter).

Now you know why I called her that. Anyway she danced, cool moves huh. And yeah she made the crowd cheer for her during the performance.

Okay. Perhaps they win the competition because of their body languages and what they did to make the atmosphere high.

The two bands were rather dead, according to the audience.

Haha yeah. Mutt, Beautiful Frequency and Faridzuan got consolation awards.

After the entire shit, everyone, whom we know, who saw us, gave positive comments like.. "Well done!" "Great job!" and some teachers even gave two thumb-ups.

Someone in particular, Mr Lee, said to me, "Well done. Thanks for performing. Great job."

"Yeah man. Rock on dude! You guys were..awesome!" he said, with his hands showing the rock sign.

& okay I managed to impress her. >:] According to my friends, the pink shirt I wore was really outstanding, and so was my guitar.

Haha it was definitely a fun experience. It was Nicky's and my first time performing in front of a thousand people. When the curtains opened, you see the whole hall fully filled. It seems small. The audience will then stare at you. The feeling was kinda freaky but whatever, it was over.

My band and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

By the way I think Nicky sang really well. Compare his vocals with Dougie's from McFly, they sound the same. >:]

And thanks Rashid and Kamarul, for everything.

Thank you for your moral support. :D

Oh yeah. Why Mutt? Because it sounds like 'mud' and it is the title of a Blink-182 song.

Mutt. Mutt. Mutt.

No comments: